Pages

3.25.2014

WE MADE IT


it's been a while, but we made it to grand junction, colorado! we moved in on march 5th and have had a great time getting to know the city and the people who call it home. we drove 10.5 hours (more like 12 with my dad's car issues and a pup who needs to walk around), but we made it. my dad stayed for a few days, helped us make a few big purchases (hellllooo new washer and dryer and bed!!), and before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye. i never thought i would be one who would cry because we'll see everyone in just a couple of months. but man, was i a big crybaby! my mom flew in and stayed for 5 days, and was a major help! can i just say that 2 months of "moving out of state" on the brain burns you out big time? no time for creativity, connecting, living life. at least, that's the way i made it. i was done with everything moving, so having my mom here to help kick my butt into gear helped tremendously.

so now, everyone is gone, and it's just aaron, charlie, and me. and can i just say how dang lonely it is not knowing anybody? (don't get me wrong, aaron is seriously my rock, and he is most certainly enough for me, but this is all new for both of us). we're praying for a church and for new friends, while praying that we stay connected with all those we love at home. here's to a new season of life and all the joys and trials that will come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment