Pages

9.30.2014

OCTOBER

can i just tell y'all how much i love fall? it's been rainy and chilly and gray here, and there is really no better time of year. october is bringing some big changes in our lives, and i am excited and ready to take on this new month with passion and fervor. oh, and that gorgeous flower up above? yeah, my babe grew that. here are a few goals i'm focusing on:

1//continue downsizing. we've been selling and getting rid of things left and right because we are moving from a 3 bedroom 1600 sq. ft. house to a 2 bedroom 1100 sq ft. apartment. i have found such beauty in decluttering and downsizing. stuff is suffocating, and after this move i plan to work on creating capsule wardrobes (read more about that here).

2//stick to weight watchers. hate to make excuses, but when my life is chaotic, my eating is chaotic. i have a really full belly right now, and i don't like it. i feel gross and all around terrible about myself. i've joined a dietbet game this month, so i now have some skin in the game if ya know what i mean. i need to lose at least 4% of my body weight to make my bet back and then some. i'm excited for a new challenge and am starting off my day with yoga tomorrow.

3//find community. one big thing aaron and i are looking forward to is making friends. while we had some here in junction, and we had a church we were attending, we just never felt connected. we are looking forward to getting plugged in and actually living our lives, rather than just exisiting.

4//save money. so let me just say that moving twice in a year is not a good habit to keep up unless your daddy warbucks (ps just typed sassy instead of daddy). we're taking quite a financial hit with this move, and since i quit my job, we only have one income right now. my shop is on vacation while we move, so aaron's the bread winner this month (and every month...who am i kidding?) but one awesome thing is that we serve a providing God and a Father who is there every step of the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, I just read a few of your last posts. One congratulations on moving and to Denver. We live in the springs and we are up in Denver so often. So many fun places up there! Second I love your honesty. I've so dealt with anxiety and trying to figure out life so often, I still deal with it. I love how you write so honesty. This season of your life is going to be so beautiful! and I'm excited to read your blog and see how you overcome anxiety and your travels! So fun! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stephanie! thank you for commenting. i've been following your blog for a while and love it! we are so excited to move to denver! we can't wait to explore. i'm so sorry that you struggle with anxiety too, but in a way i am blessed to know i'm not alone! thank you so much for your encouragement xoxo

      Delete