Pages

2.27.2014

ONE WEEK

yesterday marked one week until we move to colorado. i can't even put into words what i am feeling right now: excitement, joy, anxiety, fear, insecurity, hope...the list goes on and on. after finding out that our house is still not ready for move in and that the management company we've decided to go with could be a little sketch, my emotions have been nuts. i talked to the agent we worked with when we were viewing houses, and she explained this whole crazy story about how her boss has been firing people left and right and how she is unethical at times and just a whole mess of things that riddled my bones with fear and anxiety (like for real, my core was shaken). and don't get me started on how ridiculously SAD i am. i thought my excitement would overshadow the holes that would be left by so many people. we said goodbye to our church on sunday, goodbye to our community group last night and have to say goodbye to family this weekend. it is honestly too much. my heart feels like it's about to burst at the seams. but then, i heard my precious Jesus, and the words He whispered to my heart: you are mine, I am faithful, I am doing something. my sweet, sweet husband reminded me: this is our mission field. we're being called out. God has something for us.

and you know what?

my fear just melted.




it's gone. gone is the insecurity, the fear, the anxiety (well, almost). and what has replaced it is His promise, His faithfulness, His sureness (which i don't think is a real word, but whatever).

as i write this, the song "oceans" by hillsong came on my pandora. i can't help to think about the words in this beautiful song. the words that promise we will be taken further than we have ever gone, that God is leading us, that when oceans rise, my soul WILL rest in His embrace, because I am His.

God has something good coming. no, something great coming. i don't know what. and i've been living long enough to know the trials that come with the good. but we are ready. we will be in deeper waters. but praise Jesus, His grace abounds there.

No comments:

Post a Comment