Pages

2.25.2016

L E T T E R 2

ash, as you start to stir and wake in the early morning hours, I begin to wake and prepare for our time together. I bring you into bed with me, undo your swaddle and snuggle up next to you. as you begin to nurse, I can't help but thank God for the privilege in being your mother. I feel your feet kick my (still) soft tummy, and remember when you made your home there. it is unfathomable to me that 12 weeks have passed since you've left that home for a new one. I feel your hand sweep across my chest, and for a second you linger over my heart. oh baby boy, if only you knew how my heart beats for you, how all I long for is goodness in your life, for you to know the sweetness of freedom and grace that abounds. I may grumble about how tired I am, and while that is true, I would never give up this duty, this job, this delight I have in nurturing you, in providing you what you need to grow. whenever I get down on myself about the soft tummy pregnancy has left me with, I remember you and remember what my body did and continues to do. I thank God for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment