Pages

5.01.2014

CALLIGRAPHY, YO

this month i am resolving to pick up the pointed pen everyday. whether it's to doodle or to create something to sell, i am going to do it. last fall i took a beginner calligraphy class at oh, hello friend. my instructor was none other than the fabulous jenna rainey of mon voir. i immediately fell in love with the art of calligraphy. i've always had fun with hand lettering and have prided myself on my penmanship. i decided to use the wood slices from our wedding centerpieces to create some new stuff for my etsy shop. for it being my first try, i am pretty stoked on how it came out. of course, as time goes one and as i continue to practice, i look forward to defining my style and creating a stand out one in the pretty world of calligraphy.


below are some of the styles i am going nuts over:

one//two//three//four//five//six* 
(*unfortunately, pinterest failed me on the source)

2 comments:

  1. beautiful!!!Thank you for sharing. I have been inpsired to share my journey with Huntington's disease.
    I would be honored if you would follow as I share my heart and story.

    www.livingwithpassion90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. alex, thanks so much for your comment! i will definitely be checking out your blog. you are so brave to share your heart!

      Delete