Pages

5.07.2014

CHANGES


as i write this, i am about an hour away from a job interview. when aaron and i got married, we decided that since i was finishing school and opening an etsy shop, and since aaron's salary more than provided a comfortable lifestyle for us, that i didn't need to have a job. after we got married, i quit my (almost) full time job, finished my degree, and opened my etsy shop. around september (about 6 months after i quit my job), i found myself bored to tears. i didn't know what to do with my time, and i felt so unproductive. that's probably because i spent my days lying on the couch, watching grey's anatomy (again) with my dog charlie, but that's besides the point. i saw that one of my favorite bloggers oh, hello friend was hiring shop girls at her fullerton location, so i decided to go for it. i got the job, and while i finally had something to do, it was (very) part time and we had made the decision to move to colorado just a few months later. once we made the move, aaron and i decided it would be best and healthy for me to find a job because 1) i've been battling sadness and missing california, 2) we could save mucho dinero, and 3) i need something to do! (don't get me wrong, i've loved locking myself in our office creating all day, but i need some interaction, people!)

so fast forward to last week, where i received an email for an interview with a company that i had applied with a month ago. it is for a buyer position at a local e-commerce company, and it's full time (eeek!). i don't have ANY buyer experience whatsoever, but i consider myself very teachable and capable. so we'll see where this goes! i've gone back and forth on whether or not i should accept the position (if it's offered) since 1) we don't NEED the money and 2) i've been incredibly busy with the shop (also, i really like numbering my points i guess!). but i decided, with aaron's help, that if i'm offered the job, i'm going to take it. i'm going to take it because i need a challenge, because God has gifted me with abilities and capabilities that i can employ and use at this new job, because i am made for more than just lying on the couch all day. i owe it to myself, who worked extremely hard in school, to my husband, who supports me NO. MATTER. WHAT (for real, he supported me when i was in my couch potato funk), and to my family who put me through school.

so here goes nothing! i'll update here after the interview today. oh, and butterflies are going crazy over here.

also, the picture above is from my birthday at the colorado national monument and has nothing to with this post whatsoever. but whatever. i love my husband and this picture describes us perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment