Pages

4.25.2014

GRACE

"Today you are called to abandon the purposes of your kingdom 
and give yourself to the will of a greater King. Grace makes it possible."
 -Paul David Tripp

thank my good Lord in heaven that His grace is sufficient in my weakness. a day doesn't go by where i think about california. just yesterday, a group text between bridesmaids for my friend jessica's wedding made me miss the golden coast so much. but God's grace is good; i was not consumed by discontentment or disappointment. sure, i was bummed to have to miss out on bachelorette party planning at 7 am in a coffee shop (thank God for skype!), but i was not distraught. His grace was falling heavy on my heart. if i was in the same place i was last week, i probably would've been a mess. but He has been teaching me so much throughout our "displacement" here in CO (kidding!). it's funny how perspective plays such a huge role in our time here on earth.


what if God brought aaron and i here for a bigger reason than ourselves (gasp!)? what if God has a purpose in this isolation? (duh! He has a purpose for all things) what if His sole purpose was to bring aaron and i closer together and to strengthen our marriage? what if it is to help us get out of debt and save money so that we have the capability and freedom to live where we choose? i had to ask myself, "is that really all that bad? to hang out with my best friend all the time and to save money?" and let me tell ya, it sounds a-okay to me. if that is really all God has for us in grand junction, then bring it on!


in the quote above by PDT (as i affectionately call mr. tripp), we are called to abandon our goals, our will, our desires, our wants, even our needs, to the King of Kings, who is in control of all. we can only do this by His grace. and praise Him that His grace comes in many different forms: encouragements from family, a shoulder to cry on with aaron, friends to share in my sadness, charlie to brighten my days. i am truly blessed that He has made it possible through the Cross for me to abandon my whole life in full pursuit of His Kingdom. i am ready for this season. i am not naïve to the fact that i will probably cry one or two (or thirty) more times over my missing CA. but i can say with assurance: His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment